RINA Grade E460 steel plate is a high-strength marine steel plate that is primarily used in the construction of ships and offshore structures. This steel plate is certified by the Registro Italiano Navale (RINA), an Italian classification society, indicating its compliance with international standards for shipbuilding.
Chemical Ingredients Of RINA Grade E460 Steel Plate
|Yield Strength (MPa)
|Tensile Strength (MPa)
|Impact Test Temperature (°C)
Advantages and Features
- High strength: RINA Grade E460 steel plate has a minimum yield strength of 460 MPa, making it suitable for demanding marine applications.
- Excellent weldability: This steel plate can be easily welded using common welding methods, ensuring efficient and reliable fabrication.
- Good toughness: The impact test temperature of -40°C ensures that the steel plate maintains its mechanical properties even in extreme conditions.
- Corrosion resistance: RINA Grade E460 steel plate has good resistance to corrosion, making it suitable for use in marine environments.
- Wide range of thicknesses: The steel plate is available in various thicknesses, allowing for flexibility in design and construction.
Application Fields and Uses
RINA Grade E460 steel plate is primarily used in the construction of ships and offshore structures. Some common applications include:
- Shipbuilding: The steel plate is used in the construction of various types of ships, including cargo vessels, tankers, and offshore support vessels.
- Offshore structures: RINA Grade E460 steel plate is also used in the fabrication of offshore platforms, drilling rigs, and other offshore structures.
- Marine equipment: The high-strength properties of this steel plate make it suitable for marine equipment such as cranes, winches, and lifting devices.
Q: Is RINA Grade E460 steel plate suitable for cold weather conditions?
A: Yes, RINA Grade E460 steel plate has excellent toughness and can withstand low temperatures down to -40°C.
Q: Can RINA Grade E460 steel plate be used for welding?
A: Yes, this steel plate has good weldability and can be easily welded using common welding methods.
RINA Grade E460 steel plate is a high-strength marine steel plate that is widely used in shipbuilding and offshore construction. It offers several advantages, including high strength, excellent weldability, good toughness, and corrosion resistance. The steel plate finds applications in various fields, including shipbuilding, offshore structures, and marine equipment. With its reliable mechanical properties and wide range of thicknesses, RINA Grade E460 steel plate is a preferred choice for demanding marine applications.